- Appellation: Itata and Maule Valley
- Region: Colchagua Valley
- Country: Chile
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cinsault, País
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel, Other
- Fined using Organic Natural Eggs
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Total Sulphites: 50 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The harvest of the grapes is done manually and then transferred to the respective wineries in the regions of Coelemu in the case of Cinsault, and in Cauquenes in the case of the Pais grape, where they are processed by carrying out the process of destemming and pressing . The process continues with the fermentation in stainless steel tanks using the native yeasts. Once the fermentation is done, the wine is separated by separating the grape juice from the pomace. The wine is placed in stainless steel tanks for malolactic fermentation and stored for a minimum of 6 months. The wine is transferred to the Viña Villalobos winery to finish a 3 month aging in used barrels, to be later bottled.
Colchagua Valley, Chile
Wild vineyard in Colchagua Valley, Chile, which never been treated in a traditional way, however they have evolved rather wild and free, without being subjected even to the size or the use of chemicals. During the last sixty years the vine has grown among the original flora of this terroir composed of native trees such as maitenes, culenes, hawthorns and mulberry trees, among others.
Our philosophy is based on the unconditional respect of the environment and especially of the soil where our grapes are produced. For that, the steps of handling of the vine are carried out with the help of the horses as well as traditional tools which make it possible to regulate the vegetation. The harvest is done by hand, in the middle of brambles, wild roses and maitenes, difficult and laborious task because of the specific situation of these vines.
More from Villalobos Wine