- Appellation: None
- Region: Andalusia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Palomino Fino
- Soil type: Albariza
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Fined using Traditional fining using egg whites.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Not suitable for Vegans or Vegetarians.
- Total Sulphites: 6 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:White wine from 100% Palomino Fino from over 60-year old strains from the vineyard Miraflores Alta del Pago Miraflores (0.7ha). Manual pressing, macerated between 3-5 days on the skins and vinification on the lees in Amontillado butts for 9 months. In 2016 the wine was traditionally fined using egg whites. In 2017 we made it in a Bordeaux barrel of 4 years. Biodynamic viticulture since May 2016.
Muchada-Léclapart is a collaboration between architect turned winemaker Alejandro Muchada and pioneer Champagne grower-producer David Léclapart. Together they biodynamically farm 3 hectares of old Palomino and Muscat vineyards, then in their small bodega in the historic Barrio Alto of Sanlúcar, producing wines of simplicity, elegance and purity, through the absolute minimum of intervention.
More from Muchada-Léclapart