- Appellation: D.O. Alella
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Pansa Blanca
- Soil type: Granite, Sand
- Vessel type: Cement - Egg, Other
- Filtered - Cellulose plate filter 1 microns.
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 5 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Among oaks and pine lives the Mediterranean "Tallarol", fresh and bold., Fermentation in cement eggs and amphora made of sauló of our vineyards, Soil Sauló (sandy granitic), Altitude 150-300 m, Orientation Southeast, Rainfall 600 mm/year, Organic “natural ” white wine made from the Pansa Blanca variety (Xarel·lo). The grapes are harvested by hand in an extraordinary state of health . After a light pressing to extract only the first press must , we extract the characteristics of the variety through different types of spontaneous fermentations in amphoras made of sauló at low temperature and in concrete egg based on clay. Onthe one hand, we aim at increasing the “terroir” character, the aromatic richness and the voluminous sensation in the pallet, as well as enhancing the structure and preventing reduction. Moreover, the shape of the egg enables the free movement of the lees, thus providing a “natural bâtonnage”. No sulphites or any other products are added throughout the process.
“We constantly want to improve and delve deeper into organic agriculture, to obtain the purest grapes and wines”. With the aim of achieving quality wines without any addition of sulfites in the winemaking process, Alta Alella is strengthening efforts towards its organic philosophy: CELLER DE LES AUS is a project of future joining generations, based on the accumulated knowledge and experience of many years dedicated to wine.
More from Celler de les Aus