- Appellation: D.O. Alella
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: Rosé
- Grape Varieties: Pansa Rosada
- Soil type: Granite, Sand
- Vessel type: Cement - Egg, Other
- Filtered - Cellulose plate filter 1 microns.
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 5 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Dartford Warbler Sylvia undata A small and nervous passerine bird that never stop, distinguished by its long thin tail compared with the one of other warblers. Organic “natural” rosé wine made from the Pansa Rosada variety (Xarel·lo vermell). The grapes are harvested by hand in an extraordinary state of health. After a pre-fermentation maceration in the press C for 8 hours, we proceed to a light pressing to extract only the first free run juice. We extract the characteristics of the variety through spontaneous fermentation in concrete egg based on clay. The shape of the egg enables the free movement of the lees, thus providing a “natural bâtonnage”. We aim at increasing the aromatic richness and the voluminous sensation in the pallet, as well as enhancing the structure and preventing reduction. No sulphites or any other products are adde d throughout the process.
“We constantly want to improve and delve deeper into organic agriculture, to obtain the purest grapes and wines”. With the aim of achieving quality wines without any addition of sulfites in the winemaking process, Alta Alella is strengthening efforts towards its organic philosophy: CELLER DE LES AUS is a project of future joining generations, based on the accumulated knowledge and experience of many years dedicated to wine.
More from Celler de les Aus