- Appellation: Ovada docg Vigna Rocco
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Dolcetto
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 8 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Steira is an Ovada docg from dolcetto grapes hand-picked in Rocco vineyard -plantation year 1970- with 40 q. per ha yield. It is vinified in a large, old oak barrel, with spontaneous fermentation (native yeasts only) and extended (2-4 weeks) maceration. Aging is done for 22 months in very old barriques. In the local dialect of 19th century, Steira means "star".
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa, freisa). We are member of VinNatur and FIVI.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto