- Appellation: oltrepo pavese
- Region: Lombardy
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Rosé
- Style: Sparkling
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Noir
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 15 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:this sparkling wine is produced with a technique called “Ancestral” and has been used since ancient times for the production of the sparkling wine., The grapes, grown exclusively in our vineyards, are harvested at full maturation, almost “overripe”. In the cellar, after the vinification, the fermentation in steel vats: fermentation which stops with the first low temperatures, the arrival of Spring promotes the activation of the yeasts which transform the last sugar residues into alcohol, naturally, that’s how a second fermentation in the bottle for almost 24 months, then we proceed to the “disgorgement” done by hand. it is entirely done manually, without the help of technology: the result is a very particular sparkling wine – of grand elegance and a remarkable aromatic complexity.
Located on the Oltrepo Pavese hills, at about 500m, Baruffaldi family’s organically cultivated vines aim to respect nature’s rhythms. This is followed by discreet, accurate work in the cellar, using ancient methods of winemaking, so as to give birth to wines whose personalities speak of their terroir.
Subscibers of Vinnatur from more than 10 years and organic from 90’s !
More from Castello di Stefanago