- Appellation: Akhmeta
- Region: Kakheti
- Country: Georgia
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Saperavi
- Soil type: Limestone, Marl
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Kvevri/qvevri
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 35 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The wine is estate bottled by Akhmeta Wine House. Vineyards are managed in full compliance with the principles of organic grape-growing in Akhmeta district of Kakheti region. At the end of September Saperavi grapes were hand-harvested in small boxes, hand sorted in our ‘MARANI’, lightly crushed into historical Georgian clay wine vessels ‘QVEVRI’ buried in the winery’s earthen floor. The fermentation was performed by natural yeast, found on grape skins. The wine was bottled unfiltered. Origination of small noble sediment is possible. The wine is characterized by its amber color, it has pleasant varietal aroma, the taste is harmonious, full-bodied and joyful. The wine is rich with phenol compounds and tannin's. It is characterized by high antioxidant properties due to the specific Georgian technology of Qvevri making.
We believe that the best wine, for you and the environment, is organic. That’s why we only produce wines produced using organic and biodynamic farming and traditional Georgian QVEVRI fermentation methods.
More from Akhmeta Wine House