- Appellation: AOP Saumur Puy Notre-Dame
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc
- Soil type: Chalk, Clay
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 15 mg/L
- Yeasts were added to this wine
- Other Information:Wine agged during 2.5 years in wooden barrels + 10 months in tank to finish the natural alcoholic fermentation that stopped after 2 years. I had to add yeast to finish the sugars last June 2018. Malolactic fermentation completed., +15mg SO2 after alcoholic Fermentation, Not bottle yet (spring 2019)
My philosophy is to produce wines and ciders reflecting the diversity and richness of the terroirs of the Loire Valley / Normandy and to promote through various cuvees the complementarity of cultivars: grapes as Chenin blanc, Cabernet franc, Grolleau noir, Grolleau gris, Gamay as well as apples, pears.
I work only with gravity and give the wines time to finish their natural processes without adding any additives.
More from Côme Isambert - Cristal Closed