- Appellation: Vino de España
- Region: Andalusia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- Filtered - Cellulose sheets for coarse filtration 25 microns.
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 0 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
Manuel Valenzuela has been a pioneer in Spain producing natural wines. The 12 hectares of vines are located on the top of the Sierra de la Contraviesa, growing organically and unirrigated. The altitude, with the summit being 1368 meters above sea level, a mediterranean mountain climate, the low rainfalls and poor soils of schists and clays result in very low yields and very rich juices.
More from Barranco Oscuro