- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Nero d'Avola
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 28 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This wine takes its name from the shape of the vineyard "lenza", that in the local Sicilian dialect indicates a narrow and long soil. This plot rises swaying towards the top of the hill where the cellar is located. It is a four hectares vineyard cultivated with spurred cordon and reaches an altitude of 60 meters asl exposed to the East and partly to the North. The soil is calcareous gray, very rich in rock, shallow but well drained. The Nero d'Avola on these grounds takes on a magnificent balsamic note with dense tannins and a balanced freshness. It ferments in steel tanks for at least fifteen days, followed by one year maturation in the tank and six months of bottle aging.
Taste it at...
- Montréal 2019