- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Alluvial, Gravel, Loam
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- Filtered - cross flow filter microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 40 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:60% Clone 1 on 5BB rootstock and 40% Musque on 5BB root stock | Brix at Harvest 21.4 |Aging 7 months tank and some used oak barrels | Bottled February 2017 | Hand harvested organically grown, whole cluster pressed to tank. Settled overnight prior to racking to tank and barrel. Fermented in tank 90% and neutral barrels 10%. ML inhibited. Fermented on native primary yeasts. No sulfur used upon pressing. Upon completion of primary fermentation 25ppm so2 added. The wine was racked once prior to tank to cold stabilize prior to bottling. Toal 40ppm so2 added. | 400 Cases produced. Tasting note: There is a mix of red and dark fruit, red plum, blackberry, and dark cherry to be more exact. Followed by leather and mushroom. On the palate, the red plum is confirmed with elegant soft supple tannins. The tannins are well integrated and shows fruity exuberance, offering a lengthy delightful finish with a burst of acidity. This will be a great companion for food.
Taste it at...
California, United States
COQUELICOT (ko-klee-ko) is the name “en Francais” of the striking red poppy flower that graces the French countryside, as well as all the labels on our wines. Our 58 acre vineyard is an organically farmed property in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley. Sustainable farming and gentle, meticulous winemaking techniques converge to produce hand made, limited production wines.
More from Coquelicot Estate Vineyard - Rose & Son