- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Alluvial, Gravel, Loam
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- Filtered - cross flow filter microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:60% Clone 1 on 5BB rootstock and 40% Musque on 5BB root stock | Brix at Harvest 21.4 |Aging 7 months tank and some used oak barrels | Bottled February 2018 | Hand harvested organically grown, whole cluster pressed to tank. Settled overnight prior to racking to tank and barrel. Fermented in tank 90% and neutral barrels 10%. ML inhibited. Fermented on native primary yeasts.
Taste it at...
California, United States
COQUELICOT (ko-klee-ko) is the name “en Francais” of the striking red poppy flower that graces the French countryside, as well as all the labels on our wines. Our 58 acre vineyard is an organically farmed property in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley. Sustainable farming and gentle, meticulous winemaking techniques converge to produce hand made, limited production wines.
More from Coquelicot Estate Vineyard - Rose & Son