- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Alluvial, Gravel, Loam
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Cement - Egg, Stainless Steel
- Filtered - cross flow filter microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 20 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Hand Harvested | CCOF certified Organically farmed. | 50% Clone 1 & 50% Musque on 5BB rootstock | Brix at Harvest 22 Average | 90% Whole cluster pressed to tank, 10% destemmed with 24 hours skin contact. Settled Twenty-four hours then racked to tank, barrel and concrete barrels. 20 ppm so2 added to inhibit malolactic fermented. Native primary fermentation. Bottled after light fining with bentonite and sterile filtration. | 7,080 bottles produced.
California, United States
COQUELICOT (ko-klee-ko) is the name “en Francais” of the striking red poppy flower that graces the French countryside, as well as all the labels on our wines. Our 58 acre vineyard is an organically farmed property in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley. Sustainable farming and gentle, meticulous winemaking techniques converge to produce hand made, limited production wines.
More from Coquelicot Estate Vineyard - Rose & Son