- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Alluvial, Gravel, Loam
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 50 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Brix at Harvest 21-23 | PH 3.65 |Aging 15 months used oak barrels | Bottled February 2017 | Hand harvested organically grown, 100% de-stemmed. Fermentation on native yeasts, followed by full malolactic by naturally occurring bacteria. Racked three times prior to bottling. |So2 50ppm | 400 Cases produced. Tasting note: There is a mix of red and dark fruit, red plum, blackberry, and dark cherry to be more exact. Followed by leather and mushroom. On the palate, the red plum is confirmed with elegant soft supple tannins. The tannins are well integrated and shows fruity exuberance, offering a lengthy delightful finish with a burst of acidity. This will be a great companion for food.
California, United States
COQUELICOT (ko-klee-ko) is the name “en Francais” of the striking red poppy flower that graces the French countryside, as well as all the labels on our wines. Our 58 acre vineyard is an organically farmed property in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley. Sustainable farming and gentle, meticulous winemaking techniques converge to produce hand made, limited production wines.
More from Coquelicot Estate Vineyard - Rose & Son