- Appellation: Vin de Table
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Cortese
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Other (e.g. acacia, cherry etc.)
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 5 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Ròo is a white wine from cortese grapes hand-picked in Gaggero and Vicario –plantation year between 1970 and 1982– 70 q. or less per ha yield. It is vinified in acacia casks and tonneaux , after some days of pre-fermentative maceration (room temperature), with spontaneous fermentation (native yeasts only) . Aging is in acacia wood casks, tonneaux. and barriques. In the local dialect of 19th century, Ròo means "moon halo".
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa). We are member of VinNatur, FIVI and Consorzio di Tutela dell'Ovada docg.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto