- Appellation: Barbera del Monferrato Superiore DOCG
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Barbera
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 4 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Reitemp is a Barbera del Monferrato Superiore docg Vigna from barbera grapes hand-picked in Rocco vineyard –plantation year 1955– with 25-45 q. per ha yield. It is vinified in stainless steel tanks, with spontaneous fermentation (native yeasts only) and extended (2-4 weeks) maceration. Aging is done for 25 months at least mostly in already used oak casks. In the local dialect of 19th century, Reitemp means "the ringing of the bells to inform of a storm getting closer".
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa). We are member of VinNatur, FIVI and Consorzio di Tutela dell'Ovada docg.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto