- Appellation: Barbera del Monferrato Superiore DOCG
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Barbera
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 6 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Reitemp is a Barbera del Monferrato Superiore docg Vigna from barbera grapes hand-picked in Rocco vineyard –plantation year 1955– with 25-45 q. per ha yield. It is vinified in stainless steel tanks, with spontaneous fermentation (native yeasts only) and extended (2-6 weeks) maceration. Aging is done for 25 months at least mostly in used oak casks. In the local dialect of 19th century, Reitemp means "the ringing of the bells to inform of a storm getting closer".
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa, freisa). We are member of VinNatur and FIVI.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto