- Appellation: Languedoc Picpoul de Pinet
- Region: Languedoc
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Picpoul
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 55 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Vine / Tillage, use of organic fertilizer for the past 30 years, no insecticides
Wine / night harvest, cold settling, ageing on lees for 3 months, early bottling to preserve the CO2
Spirit / A pioneering family for a great Picpoul, believing in organic fertilizer and long ripeness of the white grapes
“Les Equilibristes” (the “Tightrope Walkers”) aim to shake up winemakers willing to craft different wines.
By freeing them from their habits and practices, they intend to shape together a vibrant and unique wine.
Their set of golden rules are the following: indigenous grape varieties, organic winemaking, tillage, indigenous yeasts, minimal sulphur rates.
10 vintages, 7 winemakers, 18 grape varieties, 5 regions (Anjou, Périgord, Languedoc, Corbières, Banyuls).
The 2 Equilibristes:
– François de Monval: “wine merchant”, cellar and restaurant owner in Paris (La Canonnière), wine enthusiast fed every day by its clients.
– Florent Girou: “travelling oenologist”, winemaker in the Perigord Region, wine-maniac, torn between the preservation of the ancient know how and the constant calling into question of some practices.
More from Les Equilibristes