- Appellation: IGT Venezia Giulia
- Region: Collio
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Friulano
- Soil type: Marl, Sandstone
- Vessel type: Wood - New oak, Wood - Old oak
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 50 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Is the charming aromaticity that became wine. We are talking about Nekaj. Behalf of our Slovenian roots from which is also the territory bounded, we chose to call it »Nekaj« that carries the meaning of »Something«. Starting from aromaticity that from the first impact blend mind and body, the mouth gets caressed by a honey elegance balanced with the bitter characteristic that fades with the minerality of the terroir. The maceration begins in big oak barrels for 60 to 90 days. Finished the fermentation it gets aged in 20 or 30 hl barrels for 3 years and rests for 1 year in the bottles.
Our production focuses on making an excellent matter created by the works accomplished in the vineyard. The wine we produce represents our territory at his best, thanks to 60 to 90 days long skin maceration made in big oak barrels. Later on, we age the wine for 3 years in barrels and 1 year in bottles.
More from Damijan Podversic