- Region: Franken / Lovely Steigerwald
- Country: Germany
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Müller-Thurgau
- Soil type: Keuper
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 7 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This is a really special one - the vines are the oldest Müller-Thurgau vines in our whole region (Steigerwald). He is over 60 years old and the vines are planted very close to each other. Is something really special for us to work in this vineyard. After the harvest he is pressed on an old basket press (-take a look into the gallery, there you find some nice photos from this old lady). After the pressing he fermented in old oak barrels.Maybe one of the oldest Müller-Thurgaus you ever will taste - enjoy!
Taste it at...
- New York 2019