- Appellation: Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG
- Region: Tuscany
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Malvasia, Sangiovese, Trebbiano
- Soil type: Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 49 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Chianti made according to the orginal recepy and with the orginal grape varieties from a 1960 vineyard. The vines are coplanted in the usual Chianti way (one colorino, one canaiolo, one trebbiano, one malvasia and nine sangiovese), which is not used anymore. Fermented in open semiconical vats, aged in 2500 liters oak barrels. Elegant, fruity and sincere.
Guido Gualandi is an organic wine producer in Poppiano. Gualandi wines are known for their archeological approach. Recipes are from Roman or Renaissance times. The wines are picked/prepared manually using only wooden barrels, terracotta and wooden vats. The grape varieties are autochthonous.
More from Podere Gualandi