- Appellation: Meskheti
- Region: Samtskhe-Javakheti
- Country: Georgia
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Basalt, Limestone, Volcanic
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Kvevri/qvevri, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 27 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:I am using Sulphite when bottling, I am not using any additives during fermentation.
I have spent much of the past decade traipsing through mountain forests in search of ancient vines growing the way nature intended — up trees. I have found some vines that are more than 100 years old and one that I reckon is more than 400 years old. I have uncovered 40 rare grape varieties in the forests in the south of the country, near the border with Turkey.
More from Natenadze's Wine Cellar