- Appellation: Meskheti
- Region: Samtskhe-Javakheti
- Country: Georgia
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Basalt, Granite, Limestone, Sand, Tufa, Volcanic
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Kvevri/qvevri, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 35 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Grapes are collected from Meskhetian volcanic wild places, vines are growing like a wild and that's why wines are limited and first wild wines on the planet.
Grapes ans wines are absolutely organic, natural and wild..
I have spent much of the past decade traipsing through mountain forests in search of ancient vines growing the way nature intended — up trees. I have found some vines that are more than 100 years old and one that I reckon is more than 400 years old. I have uncovered 40 rare grape varieties in the forests in the south of the country, near the border with Turkey.
More from Natenadze's Wine Cellar