- Appellation: IGT bianco del frusinate
- Region: Lazio
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Maturano, Trebbiano Giallo
- Soil type: Clay, Sandstone
- Vessel type: Cement - Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 24 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Maturano, Trebbiano and other native white grape varieties are cultivated with the vine-tree farming system, living together with olive trees. They are ‘franc de pied’ ultra-centenarian vines that survived the phylloxera in the mid-1800s. After de-stemming, crushing and a maceration on the skins for 3 days in cement tanks, the grapes are pressed with a hydraulic press to guarantee a soft pressing; subsequently the ‘pied de cuve’ is inoculated which has fermented previously spontaneously. Alcoholic fermentation in cement tanks and aging on fine lees for 6 months. Then further aging in bottle for at least 2 months. Racking carried out by gravity without using pumps. No clarification or filtration. Alcohol levels 12% Low quantity of sulfites
Taste it at...
- London 2020