- Appellation: Macon-Cruzille
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: -10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol: 13.5%
Vines are about 50 years of age
• Hand harvested into small containers
• Sorted at the vines and, if necessary, again at the sorting table.
• Whole bunch
• Cold soaking pre-fermentation in conical wooden vats for 1 month
• Ambient fermentation
• Indigenous yeasts
• Elevage on the lees for 12 months without racking.
TASTING NOTE: The wine shows gorgeous red and black fruit aromas with cranberry, earth, stone and musk and hints of mint, chocolate and spice. The palate is delicate and fresh with blackberry, citrus, stone and earthy flavours that continue on the very long mineral finish.
Few years ago, Julien Guillot took over the family estate. The 8 hectares of vineyards are cultivated using biodynamics methods. They applied themselves to produce natural red and white wines, showing liveliness and the real characters of the terroir in Cruzille (Bourgogne, Mâconnais).
More from Clos des Vignes du Maynes