- Appellation: Mâcon rouge
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Gamay
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: -10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol: 13.5%
• Hand harvested into small containers
• Sorted at the vines and, if necessary, again at the sorting table.
• Whole cluster semi-carbonic maceration and fermentation for 3 weeks
• Two weeks malolactic fermentation in conical wooden vats
• Wild yeasts
• Elevage on the lees in wooden barrels
• Assembled in tank 40 days before bottling
TASTING NOTE: This intense, ruby-red Burgundy's nose has noticeable aromas of spice and pepper, with overtones of thyme and laurel, as well as hints of red fruits
Few years ago, Julien Guillot took over the family estate. The 8 hectares of vineyards are cultivated using biodynamics methods. They applied themselves to produce natural red and white wines, showing liveliness and the real characters of the terroir in Cruzille (Bourgogne, Mâconnais).
More from Clos des Vignes du Maynes