- Appellation: Barbera d'Asti
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Cement - Other, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 33 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The Barbera grapes dedicated for Lia Vì come from a single 40 years old vineyard in San Marzano Oliveto, just in front of cellar. Lia Vì grapes follow the same process of Asinoi, in 2016 we kept the wine in contact with skins for circa 22 days. After the racking of the skins we split the volume in two tanks, the big one (100 Hl) of stainless steel and another one of concrete (20 Hl) for the fining . Those two tanks are blended around one month before bottling, that usually happens on summer.
Carussin is made by Bruna, Luigi, Matteo and Luca who care for 15 Ha of vineyards. Alongside winemaking, they each have a side project. Bruna and her ten donkeys work with kids, Luigi volunteers with associations in San Marzano Oliveto, Luca is a craft brewer and his brother Matteo grows various greens.
More from Carussin (di Bruna Ferro)