- Appellation: Bourgogne
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Noir
- Soil type: Chalk
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: -10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol: 12.5%
Suitable for V&V
• Manual harvest
• Vinified in wooden vat (cuves tronconniques) in a sort of millefeuille where Julien alternate layers of
whole bunch grapes with some destemmed ones.
• The cuvaison lasts for 2 weeks at which point the grapes are pressed when there is still 1.5 gr of
• It then goes in used barrels for 6 months where it finishes the sugar before being re-assembled in the
• One racking took place two full moons before the bottling was carried out, no filtration and no fining,
no sulphur at all.
• There are 2 bottlings - one in spring and one after a further 3 or 4 months in vat.
TASTING NOTE: Floral and fresh red berry aroma with mineral tones and light hints of spice. Palate is medium bodied and fresh with chalky tannins and medium-high acidity. A nice and complex mineral finish.
Few years ago, Julien Guillot took over the family estate. The 8 hectares of vineyards are cultivated using biodynamics methods. They applied themselves to produce natural red and white wines, showing liveliness and the real characters of the terroir in Cruzille (Bourgogne, Mâconnais).
More from Clos des Vignes du Maynes