- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Sweetness: Off-dry
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone, Sand
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:100% Cabernet franc 80 years old. TERROIRS: Clay, gravel and sand on the surface. VINIFICATION: Raised in old barrels (more than 10 wines) for 24 to 30 months depending on the vintage. A great concentration showing toasted notes, toasted, red fruits very walls with silky tannins and a great length in the mouth while round and fresh.
I come from a long line of farmers and it was in 2006 in my 40th year that I decided to give a new professional direction to my life. After having immersed in dairy farming (Norman breed) and grain production, I went to work with my horses in the different fields of my winemaking friends and then after having exchanged with my 2 mentors Olivier Cousin and Sébastien Bobinet, I took 1.5ha in 2008 of cabernet franc in foot franc until 2011, following the deaths of the owners a winemaker friend, Nicolas Réau, told me about his wish to part with his domain but he was still looking for a buyer capable of trava iller the vines respecting a certain ethic and that’s how I arrived in Ligré for the 2011 harvest. I had to adapt very quickly to this particular vintage because it is extraordinary in its quality and volume (700hl); my idea being to continue to make wine as I had done before on my small vineyard from which I drew about 50hl. Nature does not always make gifts, I knew that I will not have the right to error, at the same time being accustomed to react as quickly as possible by my experience acquired during all these decades, the result exceeded my expectations, the success of this vintage has made possible to make known my vintages “Les Débonnaires” and “Les Bruyères” in Paris where about 90,000 bottles were swallowed. He followed a nickname for my cuvée “Les Debonnaires” namely “The Dangerous” a whole program …
More from Domaine Carroi Bon Air