- Region: Languedoc
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Sand, Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Cement - Other
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 45 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Vine / Certified organically grown, full tillage, hand-harvest Wine / minimal extraction, short vatting (7 days), ageing 2/3 in cement vat et 1/3 in barrels Spirit / With no doubt grolleau is entitled to be considered every bit as outstanding as Cabernet-Franc
Taste it at...
“Les Equilibristes” (the “Tightrope Walkers”) aim to shake up winemakers willing to craft different wines.
By freeing them from their habits and practices, they intend to shape together a vibrant and unique wine.
Their set of golden rules are the following: indigenous grape varieties, organic winemaking, tillage, indigenous yeasts, minimal sulphur rates.
10 vintages, 7 winemakers, 18 grape varieties, 5 regions (Anjou, Périgord, Languedoc, Corbières, Banyuls).
The 2 Equilibristes:
– François de Monval: “wine merchant”, cellar and restaurant owner in Paris (La Canonnière), wine enthusiast fed every day by its clients.
– Florent Girou: “travelling oenologist”, winemaker in the Perigord Region, wine-maniac, torn between the preservation of the ancient know how and the constant calling into question of some practices.
More from Les Equilibristes