- Appellation: Bordeaux Blanc
- Region: Bordeaux
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Sand
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 55 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The grapes are picked by hand, pressed in whole bunches and the juice cools down for about 12-24 hours. Alcoholic fermentation takes place in French oak barrels, and some barrels might through partly malolactic fermentation too. No new oak is used. The wine matures in the same barrels for about 6 months and is then bottled without fining or filtering. The name "Le Fruit Défendu" is French for the forbidden fruit. This wine is an interesting mystery, somewhat forbidden, as the beautiful unique flower on the label. The label is designed by Finnish illustrator Jenna Kunnas.
Nea Berglund runs her family estate Chateau Carsin (20ha) in Bordeaux. She plays with the traditions and rules of Bordeaux on the side with her authentic wine brand; Charivari Wines. All the fruit is organic and estate grown, no big manipulations, no clarifications and no filtering. A bit of so2 is added to all of the wines.
More from Charivari Wines