- Appellation: Bordeaux Blanc
- Region: Bordeaux
- Country: France
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Sand
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Amphora
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 29 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This wine is a 100% Sauvignon Blanc from our organic vineyards. It’s picked by hand, the stems are removed and the grapes are put into amphora for a skin-contact fermentation. The wine stays on skins for about 20 days and then the skins and seeds are removed. The wine matures in the same amphora for about 6 months and is then bottled without fining or filtering.The wine is rich and has a bold structure. You can find aromas of citrus, grapefruit and gentle nuttiness that comes from slight oxidation. The beautiful artwork is designed by Finnish illustrator Jenna Kunnas.
Nea Berglund runs her family estate Chateau Carsin (20ha) in Bordeaux. She plays with the traditions and rules of Bordeaux on the side with her authentic wine brand; Charivari Wines. All the fruit is organic and estate grown, no big manipulations, no clarifications and no filtering. A bit of so2 is added to all of the wines.
More from Charivari Wines