- Appellation: Vin de France
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chenin Blanc
- Soil type: Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Filtered - Light Diatomées microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 40 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:2017 spring frost has been devastating for the Domaine du Closel. Thanks to vigneron’s solidarity, we harvested organic chenin blanc grapes near by Savennières and vinified the same way as our Savennières wines.
Soils of green and purple schists of anjou. Vines from 10 to 70 years of age. Slow crushing , static settling , indigenous yeasts. Spontaneous malo lactic fermentation. 12 months of ageing, vinified on fine lees in old barrels.
Family estate of 15 ha farmed biodynamically (certified Biodyvin), low intervention vinification, producing gastronomic white wines from Chenin Blanc in SAVENNIERES AOP, loire valley.
Our vineyard has three types of terroirs with which we produce three different cuvées. Schist is everywhere. The « coteaux » constitute a group of parcels that we harvest for La Jalousie. The sandy top soil plateau parcels goes to Caillardières and our volcanic stones « coulée », single vineyard, is Clos du Papillon.
More from Domaine du Closel