- Appellation: Vin de Table
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Cortese, Sauvignon Blanc, Carica l'Asino, Favorita
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel, Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 31 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Reason why we produce Il Carica l'Asino: The story of this wine is very special and it starts in 2005 when the farm purchased a stable surrounded by vineyards, at a region called “Valle Asinari” (“Vale of the Donkeys”). These vineyards are grown and soon it is discovered the diversity of two parcels of Cortese Alto Monferrato. We've asked the previous owner, a nice vivid lady of the 1922, that was pleased to explain it. When her husband found out about this variety, “Carica l'Asino” (“Load the Donkey”), through their friends from Acqui Terme, they decided to grow it in their land at the region of “Valle Asinari” ("Valley of the Donkeys”). The curious existence of “Carica l'Asino” in that region combined with Bruna's passion for Donkeys gave birth to the “Carica l'Asino” white wine.
Carussin is made by Bruna, Luigi, Matteo and Luca who care for 15 Ha of vineyards. Alongside winemaking, they each have a side project. Bruna and her ten donkeys work with kids, Luigi volunteers with associations in San Marzano Oliveto, Luca is a craft brewer and his brother Matteo grows various greens.
More from Carussin (di Bruna Ferro)