- Appellation: Vin de Pays
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc
- Soil type: Granite, Gravel
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 5 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Early harvested cabernet franc grapes, carbonic maceration for 1 week, then pressed. One part into old barrel, one part into stainless steel.
After years of traveling the world of wine we set foot in the Empordà to realise our dream of starting our own wine project. We found a deserted plot in the Emporda of 9,5 hectares of vines that needed some TLC (tender loving care), which is what we are giving them since May 2018. We are in the conversion of becoming officially organic, but are implementing biodynamic principles as well.
Our first harvest in 2018 was a success and we didn’t have to add any sulphites or other stuff. Our style is to harvest relatively early, yielding low alcohol wines with a high acidity.
Labels are in the making as we speak…
More from Vinyes de la Tortuga