- Appellation: Côtes catalanes IGP
- Region: Roussillon
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Carignan
- Soil type: Schist
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - paper microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The Grand Duke, a curvaceous bird with silky feathers that we would like to pet as much as possible. In our eyes it is the sage of the valley, the memory of the place, who knew how to adapt to his environment. We chose it to dress our Carignan wine from old vines. A wine that represents the memory of the soil through deep roots of more than 50 and 80 years. The nose is made up of notes of jams and candied red fruits which in the kitchen call for heat. It is this warmth that we also find in the sunset-colored eyes of the Grand Duke. The tannins are supple and silky like its feathers.
«We only occupy our children’s land for a while. So it’s up to us to take care of it, to be as honest as possible with ourselves about the choices we make, as simple as possible, and as respectful of this wealth in order to be able to transmit this heritage in its most beautiful spirit»
Domaine Blanc Plume was born from the idea of the resilience of nature and the need to return to more respectful agricultural fundamentals,
and we are convinced of the benefits of the precepts of biodynamics on our soils and vines, as well as by the return of animal traction for working the soil of the oldest vines (80 years old).
The vineyard is located in the heart of the future Corbières Fenouillèdes Regional Natural Park which is home to 47 species of birds protected by a European directive including the Milan Royal, an eagle with a white feather. Like an author’s wine, the baptismal name “Blanc Plume” also evokes for us the writer’s pen and the white of the page. Each new vintage is a new page for us to write and tell about.
Two white grape varieties (Chardonnay and Sauvignon) and Five red grape varieties (Syrah, Carignan, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Grenache). Raphaël Colin’s project consists of practicing winemaking, in concrete egg in particular, through a biodynamic and natural approach.
The vineyard received Demeter certification 2020.
More from Domaine Blanc Plume