- Appellation: IGT Veneto
- Region: Veneto
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Style: Sparkling
- Grape Varieties: Garganega
- Soil type: Alluvial, Volcanic
- Vessel type: Cement - Other, Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 2 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The Garganega grapes for our "pet nat" were selected early in order to give freshness and good acidity to the basis and were pressed at 0.6/0.7 bars for the basis of our Gargànte “sur lie”, the juices fermented with no addiction of selected yeasts. Aside from racking in waning moon for wine cleaning and for limitation of reduction phenomena, no other activity was carried on in the cellar. The bottling took place in February 2018 after adding the juice of our raisin Garganega grapes, therefore the second fermentation occured in the bottle. The name we have chosen is Gargànte, which comes from the root of the Garganega grape and refers to the pleasures of the throat: it means to be a playful and joyful wine, but also frank and bounded to the soil from where it comes, only Garganega, not else in the bottle.
Our farm is located at the foot of the Euganean Hills, in the Italian province of Padova. Our effort is to produce wines that are expression of the grapes in our terroir and the persons behind them.
More from Nevio Scala società agricola