- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Rosé
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - housing 5 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 35 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Francamente me ne infischio: Franc a mente, out of any pattern, regardless of everything and doing what we like, this makes us feel free! After various tests we found a way to obtain an unprecedented product, demonstrating that, if we have the right intuitions, sometimes the interpretations of a territory exceed any preconception. Cabernet Franc is a variety that has always been present in the company, but we have never wanted to bottle. We have finally found the way to make wine out of it highlighting its characteristics in this area. The vineyard lays at 50 meters above sea level, is cultivated on cretinous soils and limestone lands, and exposed to North West, more protected from the hot sun. To confer delicate aromas, the grapes are vinified in whole bunches with semi-carbonic maceration with a part of chardonnay grapes for about a week, followed by pressing. It ferments in steel tanks where it matures until the following spring with continuous Bâtonnage, carried out according to the lunar phases. It does not contain any oenological additive. Yield in wine 22 hl / ha.
Taste it at...
- Montréal 2019