- Appellation: Montefalco Sagrantino Secco DOCG
- Region: Umbria
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Sagrantino
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Amphora
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 26 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:100% Sagrantino grape Vines age: 40 years old Training sistem: fan system 3 times a day - manual pressing for all the fermentation's duration in open amphora other 3 months of maceration in close amphora minimun 3 years of ageing time in large old oak barrels
The Cantina Fongoli represent a unique example of the history of bottling in Montefalco, Umbria. Founded in 1925, during the last 10 years we have chosen a fully – integrated natural method. Our historical familiar wine cellar is characterized by organic certification since 2011 and unfiltered wines made without added sulphites. Our main actual effort is to propose traditional style wines. In the vineyards, the native grapes’ vines are protected by copper and sulfur treatments while, in the cellar, the spontaneous fermentations by indigenous yeasts only take place into open or terracotta vats.
Official member of VinNatur and Vi.Te
More from Azienda Agricola Fongoli