- Appellation: Moscato d'Asti
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Style: Sparkling
- Sweetness: Sweet
- Grape Varieties: Moscato Bianco
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - Paper filter. 0,45 microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 56 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Vineyards of Moscato used to make Filari Corti are located in the towns of San Marzano Oliveto and Nizza Monferrato, planted in the years of 1954, 1975 and 1981. In the vineyard we work with pruning leaving 7/8 buds, and vineyards are certified organic by “Solo e Salute”. We make manual harvesting with baskets, generally in the second week of September. It has natural stabilization then it is filtered and bottled circa 9/10 months after harvest. We produce Filari Corti because Moscato and Barbera are the varieties that better express themselves at our hills. Altitude, sun exposure and microclimate of our region are highly favorable for these two varieties. Filari Corti's fermentation comes spontaneously on its own time after a light pressing of the grapes. Carussin's intention is to have on the glass the exact same scents and flavors that we find on a cluster of Moscato grapes.
Carussin is made by Bruna, Luigi, Matteo and Luca who care for 15 Ha of vineyards. Alongside winemaking, they each have a side project. Bruna and her ten donkeys work with kids, Luigi volunteers with associations in San Marzano Oliveto, Luca is a craft brewer and his brother Matteo grows various greens.
More from Carussin (di Bruna Ferro)