- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay
- Soil type: Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - housing 5 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 24 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information: from two vineyards of different clones of chardonnay bred with spurred cordon. A vineyard is cultivated on a white limestone soil, bordered by a twill (drains of water created by the Arabs), which provides the vineyards cooler and more humid temperatures, especially during the hottest periods of the summer. The other vineyard is cultivated at the bottom of the valley on a black clayey soil, that is deep and fresh. Eradicating a vineyard is always a defeat, so we decided to find a way to correct the reading of this vine in my territory. The management of the vines, and of the soil, together with wine-making techniques linked to tradition have proved how the interpretations of a territory overcome any preconception if we have the right intuitions. Eureka is a wine with its own identity, which clearly reflects the territory in which the vines are cultivated, not giving typical varietal notes but rather expressing the aromas and flavours, typical of this South-Eastern Sicily area. The grapes are vinified with the skins in steel tanks for the entire alcoholic fermentation (12/15 days), they ripe in the steel tanks until the following spring with continuous batonnage carried out according to the lunar calendar. The product does not contain any oenological additive. Yield in wine 39 hl / ha
Taste it at...
- Montréal 2019