- Appellation: Ovada docg riserva
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Dolcetto
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 6 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Erche is an Ovada docg Riserva from dolcetto grapes hand-picked in Vicario vineyard –plantation year between 1970 and 2000– with 50-60 q. per ha yield. It is vinified in large barrels, with spontaneous fermentation (native yeasts only) and extended maceration. Aging is done for 24 months at least, mostly in already used tonneaux and barriques. In the local dialect of 19th century, Erche means "rainbow".
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa). We are member of VinNatur, FIVI and Consorzio di Tutela dell’Ovada docg.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto