- Appellation: Mâcon-Villages
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:2016 Macon “Deci Dela” has been created by Athénaïs de Béru following heavy frost in Chablis in May 2016. Athénaïs demonstrated her determination and harvested biodynamic grapes from her friends vines to make a small, amazing range of wines - “Deci Dela” (“Here & There”). This vintage is born from the union between the solidarity of the wine producers community and Athénaïs's fantastic winemaking skills!
Every bottle of red and white will whisper a generous message of hope and true energy! Enjoy!
Vinification: Natural fermentation with indigenous yeasts. Whole bunch fermentation and ageing for 16 months in old oak barrels.
2016 was a frustrating year for many wine producers including Athénais de Béru. On a cold and dark night in April, a frost destroyed the entire vintage.
Athénais jumped into an old car and hit the road towards the warm and sunny south of France in search of healthy grapes from her winemaker friends. She brought back some beautiful grapes and produces a unique vintage called “Deci Dela” (meaning “from here and there”). This vintage is born from the solidarity of the winemaking community and Athénais’ brilliant winemaking skills.
More from Athénais de Béru