- Appellation: CHAMPAGNE
- Region: Champagne
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Style: Sparkling
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
- Soil type: Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - tangential filter 0.45 microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 60 mg/L
- Yeasts were added to this wine in both first and second fermentation.
- Other Information:50% Chardonnay - 50 % Pinot Noir Pale yellow in colour with green highlights. Abundant fine bubbles A pleasing nose that conjures up the subtlety of white blossom with the Chardonnay lending its elegance. Notes of butter and brioche bread denote good maturity. On the palate there is good balance between the intensity of the Pinot and finesse of the Chardonnay. Maturity, opulence, balance, fruitiness, and a fresh, lemony finish best describe this wine. With time, its toasted, brioche notes become more pronounced. We recommend serving it as an aperitif, but also with shellfish, a sushi meal or just shared between friends in the afternoon.
Champagne L&S Cheurlin, a story of a family and its terroir
Wine producers for several generations to date, the L&S Cheurlin expertise was initiated by their ancestors…
Sébastien still remembers long walks in the vineyards with his great grandfather Etienne, who would stand in the middle of the vines, teaching him to listen to and feel nature.
For Lucie, her sister, Etienne was a sort of magician who understood everything about plants and could heal no end of childhood ailments with herbal and plant-based remedies.
And they describe their father, Richard, as an epicurean and passionate of the nature. He used to tell them “the plants and the animals can tell us everything about the health of the soil and of our vines.” He taught them to respect the vineyards and to treat each plot separately as well as the wines it produced, so as to preserve each one’s individual identity.
With a childhood like that, it was only natural that after finishing their studies and trying their hand at a variety of jobs in the world of wine, Lucie & Sébastien were drawn to organic farming when they came back into the family domain.
Today they have 5 hectares of vines all cultivated organically and planted with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and a little of Pinot Blanc.
They’d be delighted to welcome you and let you taste their champagnes, made with love in their very special corner of La Côte des Bar.
More from CHAMPAGNE L&S CHEURLIN