- Appellation: AOC Limoux
- Region: South West
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Filtered - 5 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 28 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Château Limoux is a wine well balanced between freshness, tension and amplitude. It will be a perfect accompaniment to seafood as an aperitif, fine fish in a dish and sweet cheeses.
The name of the cuvée, Château, reminds us of the history and the roots of Château de Gaure. A wine to celebrate with friends around souvenirs or new projects.
South West, France
One vineyard two terroirs Limoux – Land of white La Tour de France, Tautavel, Maury – Land of Red.
The vineyard is converted into organic farming since 2005.
The diversity of the terroirs ensures a unique typicity to the wines of Château de Gaure.
In the greatest respect, Pierre Fabre cures its soils, facilitates the adaptation of the vine to its soil by mastering its foliar architecture and favors low yields.
This method of cultivation, associated with the poverty of the soils and the advanced age of the vines, makes it possible to obtain concentrated and aromatic grapes.
More from Château de Gaure