- Appellation: Vin de Table
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: Rosé
- Style: Sparkling
- Sweetness: Off-Dry
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc
- Soil type: Limestone, Schist
- Vessel type: Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 0 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Half of the Cabernet franc is directly pressed and the other half is fermented with carbonic maceration. Wine made according to the ancestral method so called "Pet Nat", without any addition of yeast or sugar. The must was bottled when there was 25g/l RS with the lees and the wine stays "sur latte" a couple of months (16 months) before disgorging. Not disgorged yet but the fermentation stopped. Sulfites can be added if necessary by disgorging (10mg/L).
My philosophy is to produce wines and ciders reflecting the diversity and richness of the terroirs of the Loire Valley / Normandy and to promote through various cuvees the complementarity of cultivars: grapes as Chenin blanc, Cabernet franc, Grolleau noir, Grolleau gris, Gamay as well as apples, pears.
I work only with gravity and give the wines time to finish their natural processes without adding any additives.
More from Côme Isambert - Cristal Closed