- Appellation: Doc Cirò Rosso Classico Superiore
- Region: Calabria
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Gaglioppo
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Cement - Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 22 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Non filtrated
I am Cataldo Calabretta and I represent the fourth generation of winemakers that dedicated their lives to the vineyard in Cirò. After studying Enology and Viticulture, I worked for a number of wineries before refurbishing the old family cellar in 2008. We farm Gaglioppo (a native grape) in the heart of the historic “DOC CIRÒ”.
More from Cataldo Calabretta