- Appellation: AOC Bordeaux Supérieur
- Region: Bordeaux
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Soil type: Alluvial, Clay
- Vessel type: Cement - Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 30 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:(i) Ony natural corks. (ii) Manual harvesting (iii) Blend 80% merlot and 20% C. Franc. (iv) Plot selection and blend vinification in full.
21 hectares of land, an old chapel from the twelfth century, a vineyard along the Dordogne river… You have entered the lands of Château de la Vieille Chapelle, located on the right bank in Bordeaux (Fronsac area).
We farm on 9 hectares of vines. Semillon, Merlot, Cabernet Francs, and an old plot of pre-phylloxeric vines on 0,3 Ha. These old vines consist of 11 different varieties out of which the Bouchalès, Mancin, Castet, Carmènère diseappears after the phylloxera crisis.
We farm organic since 2009 with 3 fundamentals in mind : (i) Active and lively soils and environment, (ii) grapes do not need anything to become wine and (iii) emotion in the glass, also for the souls.
More from Château de la Vieille Chapelle