- Appellation: Redwood Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: Rosé
- Grape Varieties: Zinfandel, Carignan
- Soil type: Alluvial, Loam
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 1 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Grapes: 60% Zinfandel, 40% Carignane Vineyard: Chapman (organic, no sulfur, dry farmed) AVA: Redwood Valley. The climate of this upland valley is cooler than surrounding appellations due to a gap in the coastal ridge which allows cool Pacific air currents to penetrate. These conditions lead to a gradual ripening of fruit. Vines: Carignane was planted in the 1960s, Zinfandel was planted in the 1980s. The Carignane is head pruned and the Zinfandel is wire trained. Method: Carignane grapes are brought into the cellar, foot tread in picking bins, and left on the skins for 12 hours. The grapes are then pressed off and fermented in stainless tanks. The Zinfandel is direct pressed into stainless tanks. The juice is blended right after primary fermentation for a 5 month élevage in stainless. The wine goes through full malolactic fermentation and is racked once before bottling. Unfined, unfiltered, zero sulfur. ABV: 13.2% thanks to the Zin. Drinks easy, you’d never know...
California, United States
Subject to Change is a labor of love. We have a small but growing team based out of northern California. All of our wines are spontaneously fermented and made with no additions or subtractions in the cellar. We make wines with strong character, just like the people with whom we like to enjoy them.
More from Subject To Change Wine Company