- Appellation: None
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Xarel-Lo
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - New oak, Stainless Steel, Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 4 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This wine comes from a single vineyard, but there is one particularity, this parcel has many differences on soil and insolation. So we decided to make three different harvests from the same vineyard , in order to acheive three different grapes with the goal of producing a complex 100% Xarel·lo coming from the same vineyard.
Every harvest fermented separated with wild yeast. After every fermentation, each part aged for 3-4 month in different materials.
1st part: stainless steal fermented and aged for 3 month in demijohn.
2nd part: maceration of 1 day, stainless steal fermented and aged for 3 month in demijohn.
3rd part: skincontact fermentation (maceration of three weeks) and aged for 4 month in 500 L new oak barrel with blonde toast.After every ageing process, the blendings were made and the final wine achived.
A wine to feel verietal expression and structure.
Ferran Lacruz is a young winemaker who runs around 8 hectares of local grapes in Sant Martí Sarroca, a little village located in the heart of the Penedès wine region. Bodega Clandestina’s aim is to produce clean natural wines.
More from Bodega Clandestina